#Respect The Destination
Date published: 03 July 2020
As lockdown continues to be eased across Scotland a joint plea has been made by marine tourism and sports groups for boaters and water users to have full consideration and respect for the destinations they plan to visit.
#RespectTheDestination has been launched by; Sail Scotland, RYA Scotland, British Marine Scotland and Wild Scotland. The campaign will be promoted across social media channels to reach leisure and commercial boaters reminding them different arrangements, levels of service and local access controls may in place at popular sailing and boating destinations.
The key messages within the campaign are:
- Make sure the planned destination is open to visitors as there may be reduced services such as limited or no; fuel supply, water, showers, or step-ashore might not be welcomed.
- Some moorings may not yet be in commission and launching or landing places will have some form of hygiene regime.
- Approaching pontoons should be carried out after prior approval and allocation of a berth by the operator of the facility. Vessels anchoring or mooring should follow local access guidance.
- Consider wearing gloves or apply additional cleaning measures when launching and landing or handling mooring or berthing equipment.
- Crew and guests should adhere to local guidelines regarding ability to leave the vessel and go ashore. Consider wearing a facemask and above all respect local restrictions and controls.
- Local businesses can arrange supply of produce to visiting yachts. Check ahead and where possible buy local.
Charter and Marina Business Owner resources:
Download A3 Large scale Poster: Here
Download A4 Medium scale poster: Here
Download #RTD branded image: Here
Latest in News
- Scotland’s most romantic sailing experiences
- Marine and Outdoor Fund increased to £4m
- Marine and Outdoor COVID-19 Restart Fund
- A Sailing New Year’s resolution
- £2.5m Grant Support
- View All
- £2.5m marine and outdoor fund
- basking sharks
- Boat Show
- Caledonian Canal
- Cash Grants
- charter sailing
- Coasts and waters
- covid funding
- covid guidelines
- Fair Isle
- Falkirk Wheel
- fresh food
- Inner Hebrides
- Isle of Harris
- Isle of Skye
- james watt dock
- Length of Britain
- Moray Firth
- Northern Lights
- Outer Hebrides
- safe sailing
- Sail Scotland
- sailing scotland
- Scottish Canals
- scottish government
- Scottish Series
- scottish tourism alliance
- sea loch
- Summer Isles
- The Best Marina 2017
- west coast
- Yacht Racing