Go Barging Ltd
Welcome to European Waterways – the home of luxury hotel barge cruising. Our cruises offer an immersive, 'gentle voyage of discovery' that focuses upon the culture, history, fine wine and gourmet cuisine of the region. With a 6 to 20-person capacity and 1:2 crew ratio, you can expect personalised service throughout your stay with onboard facilities including spacious en-suite cabins, cosy saloons featuring a fully-stocked open bar, complimentary bicycle hire and more. Also included are daily private (often exclusive) chauffeured excursions to hidden gems off-the-beaten-track: from exquisite wine tastings to private tours of stately homes. With over 40 years’ experience and a fleet that spans nine countries, we are the largest luxury hotel barging company in Europe.
Cruise the Caledonian Canal, Loch Ness and the Highlands
Scotland's Highlands are simply magical. A magnificent region of expansive lochs, awe-inspiring mountainscapes and historic battlegrounds, it's right here that we gently cruise through the Great Glen between Inverness and Fort William, navigating enchanting lochs and the engineering masterpiece that is the Caledonian Canal.
Our 6-night all-inclusive cruises can be booked individually on a cabin basis, or as a private whole barge charter with full crew. Choose between the elegant 'country lodge'-style 8-passenger Scottish Highlander, and the stylish and contemporary 12-passenger Spirit of Scotland.
- Tour of the Tomatin whisky distillery with a private tasting
- Majestic Falconry Display on the banks of Loch Ness
- Tour Cawdor Castle and gardens, home of Shakespeare's Scottish Play
- Visit Eilean Donan and Urquhart Castles
- Wonderful river, canal and loch cruising & excellent opportunities for walking
- Visit Glencoe, scene of treachery between the Campbell and MacDonald clans